University of Dayton Chapter
American Association of University Professors
Oct 1, 2009
Roesch Library 601, 2:00 p.m. 2009 First Meeting, 2009-2010
Presiding: President Joseph Watras
1. The meeting of 31 March 2009 was a social where Dr. Richard
Stock discussed the local economic situation. Professor Stock was very
knowledgeable about the local economic and labor situation. Interesting
tidbits included the fact that the closed GM Moraine plant was one of the most
efficient in the country and rail construction would not be a solution for
the area. We only wished we had the foresight to record the program as
the time passed quickly during this very informative question and answer
Because we do not keep minutes during a social event, our previous meeting
was 12 February 2009. We approved the minutes for that event.
2. The Chapter decided to retain local dues at the ten-dollar
level. They provide a way to track membership and they offer support for
social events. Prof. Friel will take care of our income tax reporting.
3. Congratulations to Dr. Rosenzweig for doing an excellent job on
our local AAUP website.
4. Election of Officers - Dr. Watras President, Prof. Buckley
Vice President and Secretary, Dr. Friel Treasurer, Dr. Rosenzweig
Immediate Past President
5. Next Meeting The next meeting will set for Nov. 19 2009 at 2:00
in R.L. 602.
6. Meeting adjourned at 2:40 p.m.
David M. Buckley