University of Dayton Chapter
American Association of University Professors
Oct. 16, 2007
Roesch Library 503, 2:00 p.m. second meeting, 2007-2008
Presiding: Joseph Watras
1. Approval of the minutes of Sept. 11, 2007
2. Treasurerís report
3. The Chapter wishes to congratulate Associate Provost Dr. Untener and his associates for organizing a successful accreditation team visit. This was a large and difficult task that was most important to the university.
4. Chapter members note with sadness the passing of Dr. George Lang, a member of the Fairfield University (Ct.) Math and Computer Science Department from September 1970 to May 2007, who died on Wednesday, May 9, 2007. Dr. Lang had been a former Masters student at UD and was very active in the National AAUP.
5. Dayton Christian Jewish Dialogue. Music of the American Heritage presented by Ken
Rosenzweig 7 P.M., November 11, 2007 (Veterans Day). University of Dayton
Alumni Hall Room 101.
The audience will hear recorded musical selections of American historical, religious, patriotic,
military, and inspirational Music. Audience members will be encouraged to discuss their
reactions to the musical selections.
6. Next meeting The next meeting will be Nov. 20 at 2:00 in Roesch Library Room 503.
8. Adjournment at 2:40 p.m.
David M. Buckley