University of Dayton Chapter
American Association of University Professors
October 20, 2004
Roesch Library, 3:00 p.m. First Meeting, 2004-2005
Presiding: President Joseph L. Watras
1. Minutes of April 20, 2004
The minutes were approved.
2. Treasurer Friel's Report
a. Balance: $343.40
b. The report was accepted.
3. Position of Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs
The Chapter president Watras wrote a letter to Associate Provost Joseph A. Untener asking for a description
of the position and requesting a definition of the terms “part time adjunct” and “lecturer”.
4. Thank you letter from President Watras to Associate Provost Joseph A. Untener.
For his response to us and for attending the Oct. Wine and Cheese social on Sept. 17.
5. Establishment of fund to honor Dr. Beauregard
The University of Dayton chapter will donate $200.00 to be matched by the Chapter’s officers for the establishment of a library fund for the purchase of books on Academic Freedom. Dr.
Beauregard passed away last May 5 after many years of dedicated service to the University of Dayton.
6. There will be a meeting of the Ohio AAUP on Nov. 6 in Columbus.
7.Report on the Wine and Cheese in Sept.
The Wine and Cheese was a great success thanks to Dr. Untener.
December 1 (Wed.) 2004 in Roesch Library room203
7. Adjournment at 4:00 p.m.
David M. Buckley (taking over for Dr. Beauregard’s term),