University of Dayton Chapter
American Association of University Professors
Nov. 6, 2008
Roesch Library 601, 2:00 p.m. second Meeting, 2008-2009
Presiding: President Joseph Watras
1. Our Treasurer, Prof. Friel, informed us that he has submitted Form 990-N, also called the E-postcard. It is a short electronic notice that most small, tax-exempt organizations have to file with the IRS, starting in 2008 for activities from January 1, 2007 onward. Form 990-N is a way of ensuring transparency among small non-profits. We should be O.K. from here on in.
2. Compensation for Merit should not be a percentage of salary, but should be a fixed dollar amount instead.
3. The Graduate School is no longer supporting travel expenses.
4. Part-time faculty. How do we measure the amount of part-time faculty? There should be no more than 20% in a department or 15% among the whole faculty. Is a Graduate Student part-time faculty?
3. Next Meeting The next meeting will be Jan. 15, 2009 at 3:00 in Roesch Library Room 601.
6. Adjournment at 2:40 p.m.
David M. Buckley