University of Dayton Chapter
American Association of University Professors
Daytonís chapter of the AAUP
Sixth Meeting, 14 February 2008
Roesch Library 503, 2:00 p.m
Presiding: President Joseph Watras
1. Approval of the minutes of Jan. 10 2008
2. Treasurerís report
3. During the chapterís meeting, retired faculty members complained about the University decision to discontinue dial-in network access. According
to official announcements, the cost of maintaining these services was prohibitive; however, many retirees used this service. These retirees
disliked the personal costs they would incur in using the options available in the area. As a result, the chapter asked President Watras to
write a letter to the appropriate University officials to ask if there might be some way to accommodate the retired faculty members and present
employees who used the system.
4. Recently, the chapter contacted members of the Ohio Conference to determine if they could attend a wine and cheese social in the spring. The hope is that the guest speakers from the Ohio AAUP would answer questions about the ways distance learning affects faculty workload and offer information about situations in other campuses in Ohio.
5. The next meeting will take place on March 6 at 2:00 in Roesch Library Room 503.
6. The meeting adjourned at 2:40 p.m.
David M. Buckley