University of Dayton Chapter
American Association of University Professors
April 24, 2007
Roesch Library 109, 3:00 p.m. eighth Meeting, 2006-2007
Presiding: President Joseph L. Watras
1. Approval of the minutes of March. 22 2007
2. Treasurer’s report
3. The chapter held the election of officers. The results were as follows:
President Joseph Watras
Vice President and Secretary David M. Buckley
Immediate Past President Ken Rosenzweig
Treasurer Bill Friel
4. Discussion of the April 19 AAUP Wine and Cheese. The members expressed their appreciation to Michael O’Hare and Kathleen Webb who led a discussion about the Stander Symposium. Mike and Kathy chaired the symposium, and they pointed out various aspects they saw as successes and others they considered challenges. In the view of the members of the UD chapter of the AAUP, the symposium was an event that added to the intellectual atmosphere of the university.
5. Although the chapter members discussed having another social during the Fall semester, they could not find an appropriate time to have it. A possible topic is the future directions for the university. Since the members hoped to schedule the wine and cheese, they voted to appropriate some funds to cover the expenses.
6. Next meeting Because the members did not decide on a date, the executive board will communicate by email to set a date and will announce it when the Fall term begins.
8. Adjournment at 3:30 p.m.
David M. Buckley